Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Fawn on Another Day!

Another fawn on another day. I came across this one at around 11:30 AM this morning.

I guess Gladwin County is growing a huge crop of fawns this year. This is the second little guy I've come across the Meredith Grade road, in the past week. This one was on the same road, but about a mile west from where I saw the first one, (on Friday).

This one was a little sturdier on his feet and could walk and run better. This is where he landed in the woods, just a few feet off of the road.

Again, I took a stick from the ground and coaxed the little guy to run and hide a little farther from the road. About 30 ft off the road or so, this is where he settled. I pulled a young pine tree away from the fawn to take these pictures. This time, he didn't try to put his head down to hide.

Don't worry. I didn't touch him. I left him here to hide. I sure his mother was nearby.

____________________________

No comments: