Saturday, November 08, 2008

Purchase offers: How low is too low? (Inman News)

REThink Real Estate
BY TARA-NICHOLLE NELSON, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2008.
Inman News


Q: How low of an offer should I make on a 4-bedroom, 3-bath house in Atlanta listed at $300,000? It's not a short sale or an REO, but I searched the title records and found out that the owners paid only $90,000 for it about 10 years ago.

A: The answer to your question is, as with everything in real estate, "it depends." As you can probably already tell, you're not going to get a straight dollar amount answer from me. The decision of how much to offer on any particular property is, in my opinion, the single toughest decision a home buyer has to make once he or she has selected a property -- in fact, this is the single most frequently asked question I receive.

Get the Whole Story...

No comments: